Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jessey Greenman

Exclamation Hi Jorge Im having some trouble

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Jorge

I have been growing for a long time and it seems of late I cant get anything to go right in my room.
    My current grow is 4 plants under 4 600w HID's in 50 L pots. Temps in the room are nominal around the 26 degree C mark and humidity is about 23% They are in Cocos and receive one feed a day for 1 min which is keeping the medium damp but not wet.

I have been having trouble with leaves yellowing and curling up (The Claw) and I have tried everything I know to keep them going but seem to be losing the fight. I would like to know if it is a deficiency or if I need to water more? I thought initially I was over watering so I backed off for a few days after flushing the pots with clean water but this didn't seem to help. There is also some salinity on the top soil which I have not seen before so don't know what to make of it.

I have included some pics and any help would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,155
    Given: 7,314
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    yeah man, i'd not want to hazard a guess myself as to what your problem is and because i know that Jorge is very, very busy at the moment i thought maybe i could offer you a link to a thread detailing coco DTW growing that was authored by a gifted Irish grower with an easy manner and style of writing i think you'll find informative and enjoyable.

...anyway, i'm thinking it's very possible that the answers you seek will be found in this thread.

A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW

...if you like what you see then be sure to explore his other threads, he is a prolific writer helping a LOT of people with his sharing ways.

peace, SOG

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    Have you checked the ph in your medium, it's more than likely a lockout...than just a deficiency. I just looked in my Encyclopedia and what I can see it's a Nitrogen Deficiency. You've already flushed with water. check your ph and see what your runoff is and what the ph is in your medium. Always flush with ph'd water or nutrients..

Quote Originally Posted by Jessey Greenman View Post
    Hi Jorge

I have been growing for a long time and it seems of late I cant get anything to go right in my room.
    My current grow is 4 plants under 4 600w HID's in 50 L pots. Temps in the room are nominal around the 26 degree C mark and humidity is about 23% They are in Cocos and receive one feed a day for 1 min which is keeping the medium damp but not wet.

I have been having trouble with leaves yellowing and curling up (The Claw) and I have tried everything I know to keep them going but seem to be losing the fight. I would like to know if it is a deficiency or if I need to water more? I thought initially I was over watering so I backed off for a few days after flushing the pots with clean water but this didn't seem to help. There is also some salinity on the top soil which I have not seen before so don't know what to make of it.

I have included some pics and any help would be appreciated

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 22
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with the lock and looking at the plants they look very thirsty but you said there watered 1x a day for a minute.
    I would first dry your soul out.
    Then flush an give no nutes for a week or 2.....
    You have an issue that I think has to do with watering routine.they are not using the water which I'm thinking means they are too wet deeper in the roots.
    How do you check the moisture of the coco?
    “We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption.” – John Adams, U.S. President

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    the plant looks like its stopped feeding for some reason, and not transpiring properly to me, you get what looks like an all round NKP deficiency.
    straight coco sucks to grow in, and you really need to mix it with perlite to about 30% to help with the drainage.
    it looks like to me, that with the 1 minute a day watering, youre not getting the run off you really need to remove any stagnant water in the bottom of the pots. With out proper drainage and run off you get the root zone starve of oxygen and this inhibits the plant from drawing water and transpiring properly. This sort of watering regime is fine for younger plants, but as they grow they draw more water so you need to increase the watering time, or water more frequently.
    when you water, what is the PH and the PPMs/ec going in, and then what does it measure coming out, this should give you an idea of whats happening inside the pot

Jessey Greenman

0 Not allowed!
    They are growing in straight Cocos with a 5 inch space at the bottom of the pot. They are also in two pots to allow for drainage. I just had a dig around in the soil and the roots seem to be ok. The soil is moist but not damp or wet at all kinda the same as when you get it out of the bag. I'm getting probably about 5 percent run off and the pH is fine in both the soil and run off. PH tests. Water run off approximately 6.0 soil about 5.8.
    So likely an N deficiency due to under-watering, the root systems are quite advanced and deep so the plants are most likely not getting the amount on N they need. I am currently hand feeding them when the lights come on with Phd water and Superthrive. Ill add a 1 min feed to the cycle, so over an 18 hours they get 2 x 1 min feeds and see how they go.IMG_20150814_140332.jpgIMG_20150814_140315.jpgIMG_20150814_140403.jpgIMG_20150814_140459.jpgIMG_20150814_142306.jpg

Jessey Greenman

0 Not allowed!
    This is the Cocos from the bottom of the pot. I dug down and pulled some out and it's quite dry for the bottom so I think now more water is the answer.
    IMG_20150814_144315.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    so the only thing youre adding to the water is superthrive?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 22
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Give them a good flush an see if they perk up....u will be flushing any salts out plus giving them the big drink ...
    This will tell if the were under watered as well.
    “We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption.” – John Adams, U.S. President

Jessey Greenman

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SukonmiSkunk View Post
    so the only thing youre adding to the water is superthrive?
    I'm adding superthrive by hand along with Canna Nutes at about 900ppm.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast