Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difference Between Decriminalization, Legalization, and Medical Marijuana

0 Not allowed!
    Hello all,

What is the difference between decriminalization, legalization, and medical marijuana?

Thanks
    MMJSource.com is an online directory of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries & Doctors in USA.
    mmjsource.com/all/washington/graham

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 581
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Decriminalization makes it were it is not a criminal offense, such as a misdemeanor or a felony. it is more of either a violation or civil law violation, some states even have it as unclassified. here in my state, its Decriminalized, anything under 25g is not a criminal offense, however it is still a violation "unlawful possession of marijuana. btw i got a UPM before in my state and just got 15-hr community service. NY ot decrimlized in the 70's btw, its not a new thing here.

i lived down south 4 a yr while i was down there i got caught with a small amount of green(like a dub), they gave me 40-hrs of community service, narcotics anonymous, teen court and 10 days oss. the only reason i didn't spend at least a mo. in jail was cuz i was a minor at the time. now this state(florida) was not decriminalized, the punishments are more harsh and u have the possibility of going to jail.

legalization is well there is no crime, violation, civil offense or anything. unless u have a big amount, like a few oz.

Medical Marijuana is when a medical paient can get "consent Of a doctor"(cuz u can't prescribe marijuana, cuz its still illegal via the "controlled substance act") and u can smoke in the privacy of your own home, by yourself for the purpose of medicating yourself. some states have it were medical patients can grow up to a certain amount of plants, and some states even have hash & concentrations legal for medical paients to, however thats not all medical states. each state, has there own method of madness, there own regulations and own way of doing w/e they do. because each state is technically there own "sovern nation state" and all states 4 federalized together. so techically if a state wanted 2 they could declare war on another nation, however the rest of the us don't have 2 comply, but when the federal government declares war, all nation states goto war aswell, cuz thats how its setup in the countituion. never in hstory has a nation state on there own declared war and would be pretty stupid todo so by themselfs, we r stronger together. you maybe thinking back to the civil war, it wasn't the states themselfs that declared war it was the federal government of the Confederacy.
    My First Journal!! - (BoDaStoner's Growing Journey! - Grows 1-7)
    My Second But Current Journal!!! - (Bo's Grow 2015 - Grow 8) - Check it out!! xD - Grow 8 is just starting i wouldn't miss it..! :P

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks such useful information
    MMJSource.com is an online directory of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries & Doctors in USA.
    mmjsource.com/all/washington/graham

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 851
    Given: 168
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    the trouble with decriminalization is that while it allows for personal possession and consumption, it does nothing to regulate or tax the distribution and sales of cannabis. there is still a vast underground economy until you enact full legalization. right now in colorado i can legally grow and possess and consume since i am over 21 (and also a medical marijuana patient), but most adults cannot legally purchase pot yet (the regulatory process is currently being drawn up by the state). so, there is still plenty of "criminal" activity going on. it will be another year or two before pot shops are allowed to operate. it is very interesting to be a part of the transition and i hope we become a model for the rest of the nation and the world.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,133
    Given: 927
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    "Decriminalization" of cannabis seems so pathetic, when one considers that the only "criminal" behavior involved here was the "Criminalizing" cannabis in the first place!
    It was racism, corporate greed and crooked politicians coupled with the ignorant American public that led to the downfall of God's Gift. Anyone that has read Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", knows this.

On October 7, 2003 The United States Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services was granted a U.S. Patent (#6630507) on any and all uses and applications of: Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...1=PTO1&Sect2=H...

And then we have this:
    Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote.

Hypocrisy Defined!!
    Last edited by GrassDaddy; 03-15-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    "Our God given right to consume cannabis was "stolen" some 70 odd years ago ........
    And NOW, we reclaim this right by our sheer numbers.........
    GROW ON .... My Brothers ....................... GrassDaddy™"

"there are NO "stupid" questions.... however, sometimes the answers can be pretty lame........"

Most of the time, Youth & Skill are trumped by Old Age & Treachery!

"You can lead a jerk to knowledge, but you can't make him think!"....GrassDaddy

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 3,094
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    They need to make it strait up legal on federal level. All these other laws still get you busted for nothing. Just make it legal, regulation will be like Ed Rosenthal's tomato model.

"However, I think that we are going to experience the "Tomato Model" with the legalization of marijuana.
    More tomatoes are grown in America by home gardeners than are produced commercially. Yet there is a robust commercial market for tomatoes and tomato products of all types: canned, vine-ripened, organic, sauces, soups, ketchup, etc. At the same time, small-scale specialty cultivators do well swelling their produce at Farmers’ Markets, and home gardeners with extra tomatoes share the bounty with neighbors as gifts, in trade, or through informal sales. Marijuana could be handled in the same way. Commercial growers can thrive side-by-side with home and specialty cultivators."
    ​"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

シードマスター