Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Buckets, my DIY indoor garden

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Jorge! I'm a fan.

I'd like to show you my DIY indoor garden and hear your thoughts on it. I grow indoors in stacked 5gal buckets I like to call Space Buckets. You can see pictures of the buckets and my plants in http://imgur.com/a/RqJ53

I'm convinced that this can be useful to many new growers, so I made a DIY guide for anyone interested in making the buckets. The website is www.spacebuckets.com, hopefully you can check it out

Cheers from Argentina

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    that is cool as hell man

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 157
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Ekrof, welcome to the site! So what's the max size/height can the plants get?

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,095
    Given: 1,322
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Ekrof,

Cool garden! It is small but effective and inexpensive.

Bienvenido al foro. Acaba de abrir un foro para Sud América! Queremos compartir todo lo que hemos aprendido a todo el mundo. Hay pocos portales y foros que facilitan el intercambio de ideas. Espero que aqui podemos.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks a lot Jorge! I appreciate and value your opinion Gracias por la invitación! Voy a ponerme cómodo entonces.

I'm trying to spread the buckets as much as possible, as they're a great solution for small time indoor growers. I've seen people grow in shoddy cardboard boxes and stuff like that, and I really wish we could change that. Thats why I made the DIY guide, I'm hoping for a freely distributed bucket revolution (or something along that line!). Joking aside, I'm sure that with the new wave of legalization we'll see more begginers asking for help on the web, and I think this can be useful.

I want to show you an updated album of my plants. You can see the pictures in this link: http://imgur.com/a/kMmf9. They're all Autos that live inside buckets with about 80w CFL and 6x3w LED.

I've already harvested one crop from the buckets, and you can see those pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/s6mvS.

Gracias por tu tiempo

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 240
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Very ingenius Ekrof. Best of luck.. maybe you could try a bigger bucket sometime too? More along the size of a garbage container? Or one of those 55 gallon polyethelene drums? I'm assuming the LED lights don't throw off that much heat or do they?

Great job keep it up

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi working_kid! I'm building a little community for bucket users at /r/spacebuckets. We're just starting, but there are already some users interested in growing inside garbage containers.

I wouldn't do it myself, as I live in a small apartment.

The LEDs are really cool

Cheers!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 240
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah the LEDs are slick. Its funny how technology effects everything... everything!!! still waiting for my flying car though.
    What strain are you growing in the buckets? Im assuming you want something that stays relatively small and has great yield? Keep at er. your idea has legs.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Howdy!

In this cycle (its my second one) I'm betting on Autos and growing a Super Cali Haze, a Fast Bud and a White Widow. Autos stay short and let me learn a lot in a small timeframe. I also train them with LST, topping and supercropping, nothing has yet stunted their growth. I'll plant photoperiods next, I have some THC bomb and LSD waiting for its time to shine.

I've made a thread journal in this lovely forum to post my grow progress. You can see it here, hopefully Jorge will check it out too

Here are some pictures of my plants from yesterday. I'm also growing Chives inside the buckets, as I have a bit of a spidermite problem going. Spraying with Neem and learning about companion planting. Fortunately White Widow is not affected
    Last edited by Ekrof; 02-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,587
    Given: 1,868
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So cool
    So innovative
    So small