Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,464
    Given: 1,542
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Ch 11 Preserving the Sanctuary - Part 03

0 Not allowed!
    Here is part 03. Please make comments, include links and fotos.

All members that contribute to the published edition will have their screen name listed in the "Credits" section of the book.

Fragrance

Expel all carbon filter and ozone-treated air via a roof vent or chimney to minimize ground-level fragrances. Treat air with a deodorizer or filter that traps odors before evacuating. See “Fragrance” in Chapter ??? Air for a complete rundown on deodorizers and air filters. Check with a qualified professional when installing a ceiling vent or when venting out chimney to ensure safety. See “Setting Up the Vent Fan” in Chapter ???

Do not let garden room air-conditioner water expelled from sealed rooms drain outdoors; it smells like cannabis and could draw cannabis/catnip-loving felines, drug-sniffing dogs and other pests.

Surround garden property with a bed of fragrant cedar shavings or chips in the flowerbeds. Few flowers have such pungent odors during the fall and we have no examples of fragrant flowers to mask the fragrance of flowering cannabis.

Greenhouse fans are equipped with louvers (flaps or baffles) to prevent back-drafts. During cold and hot weather, undesirable back-drafts could alter the climate in the room and usher in a menagerie of pests and diseases. Installing a vent fan with louvers eliminates back-drafts, but may present a security risk.

Law enforcement in some jurisdictions collects information via hear-say evidence, trash, surveillance records, etc. – to obtain a “warrant” to search the premises of medical cannabis gardeners. If law enforcement discovers a cannabis garden, they can legally continue to build the case against the gardener by using anything the gardener says. They legally collect most of the information from the gardener, friends and family. Do not be the weakest link in the chain.

Foto of a carbon filter

Drawing of a dog sniffing air conditioning water

=============================

Electrical Security

Foto of electric bill

Keep electrical use to a reasonable amount for your home and neighborhood. And, above all do not steal electricity. See sections on Electrical Safety, Electric Consumption, Conserve Electricity and Smart Meters in Chapter ???, Lights, Lamps and Electricity for more information on these subjects.

===========================

Internet Security

Foto of internet terminal good security site

Internet traffic is so dense that it is virtually impossible to monitor or investigate “perceived” crimes. Arresting medical cannabis gardeners that post photographs and text on the internet is beyond means of law enforcement to police. They are overwhelmed with budget cuts and controlling violent criminals, property theft, policing traffic, helping citizens in need, etc.

What is true today can easily change tomorrow on the world-wide web and iPads, iPhones, androids, etc. Smart medical cannabis gardeners can easily have several levels of security. Personal privacy and preservation of your sanctuary are of utmost importance when communicating with other cannabis sites including activist, cultivation and nostalgia sites and social networks.

Cell telephones record their location and time with an internal GPS, even when turned off??? The locations of gardens photographed and videoed with cell phones are able to be pinpointed. Removing the battery from cell phones is a simple way to avoid tracking when traveling to secure locations.

Facebook and other traceable photos of your cannabis garden should not be posted if you are concerned about crop theft. Be careful if your employer frowns upon medical cannabis cultivation. Everybody in the world has access to your “private” Facebook information. Strangers can access it from any cell phone or computer.

Many sites about security are on the internet. Type “proxy server” or ‘internet anonymity” into www.google.com to find simple easy ways to conceal your internet identity from unsavory types.

Keep your computer secure from criminal and government snoops. Check the sites http://www.pgp.com/www.pgpi.org/prod...ions/freeware/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP#OpenPGP and search for “proxy server” at www.google.com for more information about Internet security.

Proxy Server

========================

There must be more sites about proxy servers and also things that I forgot to add about fragrance. But, there is also quite a bit about fragrance in the "Air" chapter too. Either way, please do not hesitate to add as much as you want in the comments section below.

Thanks!

Jorge
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,464
    Given: 1,542
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    I´m in Spain now and it is about 10:00 in the morning and 6-9 hours earlier in North America. This is why I put the videos up at such a late hour for North America.

The next few days will be a little disjointed for me because I will be traveling. More on that later! So, to alert other interested members and visitors to the site, could you please share this the link or links to these updates on your facebook pages and twitter accounts?

Thanks so much!
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Jorge, Do you need pictures here to go with your notes?

e.g

Fragrance -

Carbon Filter -

Electricity Bill -

etc etc

This is a very interesting and important section.
    Last edited by Hey Buddy; 01-19-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hello George! I think the link you listed for the pgp info is mangled. When I clicked on the link it took me to http://www.symantec.com/products-solutions/families/?fid=encryption", which is symantec's site for pgp. If that's what you intended, then the link should be updated. Also, I personally had no luck with the proxy mechanism for hiding one's ip address. I say this 'cause I tried after reading the blurb in you last (excellent) bible book. I'm sure this can work, but I found the whole process to be circular and ultimately futile. No loss, I'm legal for meds anyway.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    No, cell phones do not record locations when off. With my iPhones and iPad, if ever I am taking photos of garden, I turn off location services, and put the device on airplane mode with no wifi. Normally these devices will add gps location to photos taken, usually this has to be disabled.

And turn off iCloud for ur idevices that see the room(s). Just as precautionary so u don't have photos or info u put in notes or calendar being put out in apple space.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I hear what you are saying about the diff modes and airoplane modes etc, you have made me think !!?(LOL) because I too have them on my mobiles.
    But do we have any evidence to back this up,??. Do we have any evidence that taking the battery out of the mobile phone works,??? apart from what we have read on the net , or seen on the TV.
    Personally I'd rather take the safest route, and leave the damn thing at home, or buy the cheepest phone going and do whats mentioned above, (removing batterys,switching off).
    I say cheepest mobile because it has less features, and probably not so cleaver at getting you tracked, but then again I have no evidence to back this up just my own common sense.
    I think the mobiles these days have so much clever things added in them makes it all to easy to be tracked etc.
    Another reason not to use Facebook via mobiles, it is a definate NO NO.
    DOH, lol BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHIN.

GreetZ CBD.
    Last edited by Cannabodder; 05-30-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Jorge........about your section on Electrical Security......you may want to clue people into the possibility of buying a Solar energy system or Windmill system to offset the costs of electric bills or for those that may worry about high electric bills tipping off the cops. http://www.wholesalesolar.com/produc...id_ac_business this site offers off grid systems of all sizes from small cabins all the way to large commercial systems...it may seem high priced at first but if a person has a large enough grow or perpetual harvest set up then in the long run in may be cheaper to make you own power...not to mention that if the power company looses power during storms you still have your own power going.

Cell phones................I buy prepaid cell phones use them for a month....smash it with a hammer then burn it and buy a new one...I don't take pics on phones....just my two cents worth on cell phones lol

http://www.bhg.com/gardening/design/...ant-favorites/ this site offers a list of various flowers you can plant outside your home to produce fragrances that may help mask odors. click on the next button and get info on 21 types of flowers.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by dutch69lover; 05-31-2013 at 01:03 PM.