Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Co2 boost

Marijuana Growing Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,399
    Given: 554
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well then try these.
    http://www.exhaleco2bags.com/
    They do work. And I have them in my rooms. But still not like a bottle or gen. But will get a small area over 300ppm.
    Of all the things i've lost. I miss my mind the most
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 169
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I like the fact that it lasts 4 months longer than what im currently using, so I will take your advice an try it after this runs out.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Great advice warlock, just like you said. Exactly my plan to hone my grow skills and since i havent had too many problems with my grows i never really worry much about co2. Im not surprised if the green pads didnt work aswell as they claimed (few things do these days) but like you said its more a lil helper than an actual co2 system, but hey they def cant hurt ya know. But if you got ur system down nuggz then go for it. Like you mentioned before even with a lil sugar and yeast bottle in my last flowering period i noticed a little difference than previous grows. So whatever you go with wish you the best bra
    Dishonorable laws create honor amoungst outlaws

A friend in need is a friend indeed, a friend with weed is better...

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by classic nuggz View Post
    I like the fact that it lasts 4 months longer than what im currently using, so I will take your advice an try it after this runs out.
    4 months is the min they work. Had 1 go almost a year. But 6 months is about average. And another good thing is when you are done. You cut it out of the bag and trash the bag. Brake up the brick and place in you compost pile.
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,653
    Given: 1,719
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    I concur with Warlock.

We have a lot of opinions and hear say evidence here. Can anybody produce a double blind study done by a third party on any of these CO2 apparatuses? Or is there anybody here that has measured the CO2 content in a room every day for a months? This is the kind of stuff we need to make accurate decisions.

Anybody at a store who is selling these products should have access to such studies. I have been in this industry for many years and found that unless there is actual proof, it is probably not true.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,685
    Given: 1,882
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    CO2 will also be my next steps once I have everything right in my garden.

As I live in a flat I have to rely on a low pressure system so my box is sucking in air rather than being at atmospheric pressure, so to speak. Any excess is vented out so smells dont invade other people who live in my block, so I dont see a need to have a sealed environment though I will probably lose a little of the CO2 if i dont waft it around enough before it gets vented out.
    I DO know, that with the introduction of CO2, plant growth/production can most certainly improve and it can be seen visually and noticeable.

I used to use the old bakers method of yeast etc, but being as I am a slacker, I require something a tiny bit more user friendly. I am thinking of chalk/calcium carbonate and acid drip system which I can control (switch on day and off at night). Plants make CO2 when there is no light, so best to try to limit CO2 inside the box/room during the plants night.

Along with the HUGE LIST of other things like camera, LED, grow CFL, etc, etc... I would opt for the CO2 as the first upgrade for my system at any time as the benefits for CO2 are much much greater than any other improvements in a well run system. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember reading this in the 1993 version of Jorges book (Indoor Marijuana Horticulture - Ed Rosenthal, Jorge Cervantes and Robert Connell Clarke - Sorry if this makes you feel too old Jorge!) that with the CORRECT introduction of CO2, plant production/growth can be up to x3.
    Last edited by watcha; 02-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have noticed an increase in my plants growth in comparison with my previous one's and I would say that CO2 did help out. CO2 is piped into the veg side via intake vent, from there it will pass into the flower side and my lil fan helps to push it around then out. It is set to the veg side 18/6 timer.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,685
    Given: 1,882
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Plants can survive and do extremely well in conditions of up to approx 30% CO2 in the air.
    Think they top out in performance at that level but that level is LETHAL to human beings.

This info was from the old bible. The info I give may be a litttle different with the stats, but its about there.

Oh, btw, if you have bugs, this is also a very good way to control them. Insects cant live in that level of CO2 either.

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    CO2 at high levels can kill bugs. But not in the time you think. They use so little air it takes a week or more at lethal levels to do it. Take the ant for example. It can live under water for 3 days. Just on the small air bubble that forms around its head. Mites you need around 2000+ ppm for a few days. And your plants put off o2 so the closer to the plant less its going to work. Your soil bugs would be impossible to kill with that method. The ppm of co2 in soil would need to be the same but roots need o2. So your plants will die before the bugs. Its cheaper and safer to bring the temps of your room down to 36 degrees for 36 hours to kill pests then with gas.
    Ozzy Osbourne

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    flower veg.jpg I was unsure about the Co2 boost when I started my grow.

fl2.jpg Now I know what a difference it makes. I can say that this was not all due to just Co2 but as a grower noticing the small differences in their plants..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast